Many would like you to believe that healthy weight loss is complicated. Actually, healthy weight loss is pretty simple and doesn’t require you to buy the latest craze diet or workout program.
Whether your goal is to recover from long-term unhealthy eating habits, or you just want to shed a few unwanted pounds, these tips will help.
It’s easy to get lost in the sea of information related to “quick weight loss” or “weight loss without effort” strategies. However, losing weight the healthy way comes down to two things: Choose healthier foods, and exercise more…that’s it.
Stop jumping from diet fad to diet fad and start focusing on achieving your goals using healthy, and safe techniques. Luckily, there’s a foolproof plan for achieving healthy weight loss that you can turn into life-habits.
Here Are The Six Steps to Healthy Weight Loss
Follow these tips to achieve consistent, lasting weight loss in a matter of weeks:
1. Set weekly weight loss goals.
You’ll likely be tempted to set some pretty aggressive weight loss goals, especially if you’re overweight. But rapid weight loss doesn’t always last.
- To avoid those short-term results, seek the assistance of a medical professional to determine a reasonable weight loss goal for you.
- If you’re not overweight, you can aim at losing about two pounds per week. This is sustainable weight loss based on a combination of healthy eating and exercise.
- If you’re overweight, your weekly weight loss goals could vary. If overweight, you’ll most likely burn much more than two pounds per week with just simple changes in diet and exercise.
2. Speak with a nutritionist.
Naturally, if you slash your food consumption drastically, you’ll automatically lose weight. But that doesn’t mean you’ll achieve lasting, healthy weight loss.
- It’s important to have a discussion with a nutritionist so you know how to design your menu based on your age, weight, and goals.
- If you’re affected by health conditions like hypertension, high cholesterol, or diabetes, your adjusted menu will need the input of a nutritionist or dietician. You certainly don’t want to cut consumption of foods that are effectively keeping your condition under control.
- Your age can influence your nutritional needs which you may overlook on your own. For instance, a nutritionist will be able to tell you how to continue to get calcium without eating as much high-fat cheese.
- For the most part, you’ll want to avoid the inside aisles at the grocery store. Processed foods and foods with a high sugar content should be avoided. The bulk of your eating should consist of vegetables, healthy protein sources like lean meat, eggs (or egg whites), and nuts, and healthy fat sources like avocado, olive oil, and fish.
- Fruit should be consumed in moderation as many fruits are high in sugar and can hinder your healthy weight loss progress.
3. Do circuit and/or interval training.
Hands down, the best way to achieve weight loss is through circuit and interval training. Circuit training combines strength training and cardiovascular workouts.
Interval training is better for getting in shape and losing weight than extended cardio sessions. In other words, it’s more beneficial to do a 20-minute interval training workout than it is to walk or run for an hour.
Alternating between circuit and interval training allows you to build fat-burning muscle, strengthen your bones and shed fat at the same time.
- If you’re the stay-at-home type, find some circuit and interval training videos on Youtube and do the workouts at home. You’ll likely find circuit and interval training to be challenging at first. In a short period of time, you will notice your workouts becoming easier and even fun.
- Most gyms have trained staff to help design a circuit and interval training program tailored to your needs. Choose this route if you think you’ll have trouble working out at home.
4. Get help from the supporting cast.
The supporting cast doesn’t consist of people. Instead, it consists of things which, when coupled with a healthy diet and consistent exercise, allow you to achieve maximum results.
- Ensure you get at least seven hours uninterrupted rest every night. Lack of sleep seriously hampers any weight loss efforts. If you need help sleeping well, check out our Banish Insomnia with Hypnosis download.
- Take a multivitamin, protein, or other supplements that will keep your recovery period to a minimum. That way, you’ll continue to fuel your body with the things that make you healthy.
- Ask your doctor which supplements are best for you. He or she might also recommend taking glutamine, creatine, MTC oil, apple cider vinegar or other supplements to help you lose weight while maintaining ultimate health.
- Have one or two anti-stress activities at your fingertips for whenever you have a rough day at work. It’s important not to allow stress to take over because that’s the easiest way to sabotage your weight loss program! For additional help with stress, check out our Reduce Stress with Hypnosis download.
5. Give Intermittent Fasting a Try
Intermittent fasting is not a diet, but simply a change in how you schedule when you eat. I’ve been using this technique for the past 9-months and have been blown away by its effectiveness. Plus, it lets you skip breakfast giving you extra time to focus on other tasks in the morning!
- You should always check with your doctor before making a major change in your eating habits. There’s a ton of information available Youtube that show all of the health benefits, and there are many.online about intermittent fasting, and I recommend that you check them out. Especially, the videos on
- Simply put, intermittent fasting is restricting your daily eating window. The version that I’ve been successfully using is a 16/8-hour fast. Meaning that for 16-hours of the day, I do not eat any food at all. I only allow myself to have water and black coffee. If you add cream or sweetener to the coffee it breaks the fast.
- Then, for 8-hours I get to eat pretty much whatever I want. Of course, I mostly stick to healthy food choices but have found that I still see results when I eat a little bit of junk food too.
- This isn’t as hard to do as it might sound. For 7 or 8 of the fasting hours, you will be sleeping. My current schedule is to stop eating at 7 pm. Then, I basically eat whatever I want from 11 am to 7 pm.
- For ultimate results, do your circuit and/or interval training while in the fasted state. I do my workout at 8 am. Working out in a fasted state will turbo-boost your fat burning. Try this for a week and you will be blown away by the pounds that you drop.
6. Keep Your Eyes On the Prize
Many people begin a healthy weight loss plan of diet and exercise only to give up after a day or two. This happens because it can be extremely difficult to change habits that have had years to take root in our minds.
- Visualizing your weight loss goals daily, creating a dream board with pictures of the body you’d like to achieve, reciting weight loss affirmations, and using self-hypnosis are powerful ways to keep you motivated.
- Our Lose Weight with Hypnosis audio download is a very effective tool that can actually reprogram your mind to instinctively choose healthy foods and love exercising. It uses healthy weight loss affirmations that will be absorbed by your subconscious mind and help you create new, healthy habits.
Healthy weight loss means doing the things you know are right for your body. Just take a moment to listen to your body each day, you’ll realize when something you’ve done or eaten is having negative effects.
Listen to your body, implement this plan, and look forward to healthy weight loss in no time! If you’d like to grab several self-hypnosis downloads at a largely discounted rate, check out the Self-Hypnosis Bundle Packs.
About the Author:
Chad Chesmark is a best-selling author, certified hypnotist, certified NLP practitioner, speaker, and performer. He is the creator of mentalupgrades.com. A site that specializes in self-improvement by providing articles, books, and self-hypnosis products that help people achieve their goals as fast as possible.