Are you having trouble achieving your goals?

The thing that’s likely holding you back from achieving your goals is one-half of yourself.

You can want, wish, and hope to achieve any goal. But, if your conscious and subconscious minds aren’t in harmony toward achieving that goal, you’re fighting an uphill battle. However, if you can get them working together, you will become a force to reckon with.

You’ve likely heard the claim that we only use 10% of our brains. Science actually reveals that we use 100% of our brains. Our conscious and subconscious minds divide that use, but not equally.

The conscious mind, the mind that we use to think, is the part that only uses 10%. That means that our subconscious mind uses the other 90%. Your subconscious mind is far more powerful when it comes to achieving your goals than your conscious mind alone.

You’re dead in the water if your goals are backed by 10% of your brain and the other 90% wants nothing to do with those goals. It can be difficult for your conscious mind to convince your subconscious mind to accept a new idea. Our subconscious minds do not like change. Habits show this. Our habits, both good and bad, reside in our subconscious minds. Once habits are in place, the subconscious mind will do everything that it can to maintain those habits.

Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind

In order to become proficient at achieving your goals, new beliefs must be placed into our subconscious minds. But how? There are several things that you can do to accelerate this process. They include writing the goal down on paper, setting a deadline, using affirmations, and using self-hypnosis.

Without congruency between the two, your mental focus will look like the image below where your conscious mind knows what it wants, but the subconscious mind is all over the place.

conscious vs Subconscious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
  • reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon

By getting the conscious and subconscious minds focussed on achieving the same goal, your mental focus, and 90% more of your brain power will be activated. This is where you will start to see massive results in achieving your goals.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
  • reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon

Action Steps For Maximum Goal Achievement

Write it down:

Writing down your goals is a step that most goal-setting books will request. This basic step, that many choose to bypass, is perhaps the most important in programming your subconscious mind to accept your goals. Writing it down makes turns a thought into a tangible “thing.” It’s no longer just a conscious thought or a dream but is something that you intend on actually pursuing. Write it down and put it somewhere that you will see it daily. Skipping this step will certainly slow your progress, so just do it.

Setting a deadline:

By setting a deadline for the achievement of your goals, you instantly activate your subconscious mind. Deadlines will force you to consistently create ways to achieve your goals. Essentially, the more time you spend mentally focussing on your goals on a conscious level, the more they will eventually be absorbed by your subconscious mind.

Using affirmations:

The use of affirmations is a powerful way to consistently force your conscious mind to focus on the achievement of your goal. The more focused you become on highly targeted thoughts, the easier it will become for those ideas to be accepted, and acted upon, by your subconscious mind. Focus on having already achieved your goals to use affirmations correctly. Say phrases like “I have,” and avoid phrases like “I wish to have.” Focussing on “Wanting to have” will program your subconscious mind into accepting that you don’t have it yet, and it will be complacent to stay in that position. Convince your subconscious mind that you already have something, and it will do whatever it can to make it so.


Self-hypnosis and regular hypnosis, are two of the most powerful, and underused, ways to quickly reprogram your subconscious mind for success. Without hypnosis, the barrier or the critical factor, that keeps your subconscious mind from accepting new habits, or dismissing old ones, is challenging to penetrate. This can be accomplished with months of affirmations or only minutes of hypnosis. Hypnosis and self-hypnosis have the ability to bypass the critical factor and allow the subconscious mind to accept suggestions without question. The process can happen immediately for some while requiring several sessions for others.

I use a combination of hypnosis, self-hypnosis, and affirmations. Using all three speeds up my goal achieving process. If you would like to give self-hypnosis a try, visit our products page here: Achieving Your Goals With Hypnosis Here you will find downloadable hypnosis files to help with targeted goals.

About The Author:

Chad Chesmark is a best-selling author, hypnotist, mentalist, and leadership speaker. His speaking programs combine motivation with entertaining mind-reading in a fully interactive presentation that incorporates the entire audience. Click HERE to contact Chad for stage hypnosis programs.

Read this Article on The HuffingtonPost

Grab Your FREE Hypnosis ebook! Simply Enter Your Email to Learn the Secrets of Hypnosis Today!

After you enter your information, you will receive a confirmation email and get access to your ebook. We hate spam and will never share your information.

Thank You! Your confirmation email will arrive shortly. If you don't see it, check your spam folder.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Spread The Love

Share this post with your friends!